Thursday, August 25, 2005

Just for the Record on Pat Robertson

Just in case a person questioning Christianity happens upon this blog...

I believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ, the living Son of God and not in the recent teachings of Pat Robertson, which are in direct contradiction to the teachings of my Lord and Savior.

Here's what Jesus said,
“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you: Love your enemies£ and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. (Matthew 5:43-48)
Enough said.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think pastors and evangelists walk a tight rope when it comes to voicing their political leanings. I think Pat had his "politician's" hat on when he made what ever statement he made. I thought he said "take him out" as in "remove him from office"...I hadn't realized he said the word "kill" or "assassinate"...or even meant that.Too bad if he really said that...and worse if he really MEANT it! I just figured the leftist media misquoted him (as they are all too prone to do!)When will Jesus come back and deliver us from ourselves??? RS