Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Fires of Prophetic Proportion


Watching the news regarding the fires in Southern California while reading through the Minor Prophets brings my study into stark relief.

I cannot imagine what they are facing. I cannot imagine what the fires of Hell will be like. I can't even think of much to write about. I guess I am at the point of be overwhelmed. So, nothing here on Nahum, our prophetic book for this Sunday, rather this is call to prayer.

A prayer for mercy, from the only One who can truly make any difference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pastor Randy,
In reading through Nahum it IS filled with "doom and gloom" of impending disaster for Nineveh. However, I took hope and encouragement in chapter 1 vs 7 that reminds us once again....in the midst of natural disasters like the devastating fires in So. Cal, hurricanes in the south, Felton floods,physical "storms", or..... emotional storms that rock the soul.....
"The Lord is GOOD, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and HE knoweth them that trust in Him"

What can I say except "thank you, Lord" !! Ruthie