Friday, December 07, 2007

Peace-Out


This coming Sunday's Advent Candle represents Peace. The peace that came to earth with the arrival of the Christ-Child.

There is so much to say during this time of the year, so many passages to consider like Isaiah nine and fifty-three. I don't know where to start, in fact, my mind is flooded with so many thoughts that I have reached what is commonly referred to as "writer's block." (Just hope it doesn't become "sermon block!")

Anyway, since you're hear reading I thought I would direct you to my daughter Trinity's blog, where she has written a good reminder of the One who came as the Prince of Peace. Click here to read her "ramblings."

And hopefully, this block will break and some productive thoughts will flow.

Peace-Out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Pastor,

We read of the Prince of Peace saying, “Come unto me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest [peace]. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your soul. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light” (Mat. 11:29-30). This sounds incredibly desirable, doesn’t it? It does to me.

However Jesus also said, “The gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few” (Mat. 7:14). Why are those who find the way that leads to life “few” when the yoke is easy and the burden is light?

I don’t know if pondering this odd contrast of verses might help to unblock your “sermon block” regarding the Prince of Peace. Or if maybe thinking about this, too, will only put more block where it shouldn’t be standing.

Trinity has put her thoughts on this subject together very well. Her asking, “What are you calling us to experience in order to join Mary in bringing you into the world we live in?” is one for each of us to discover as we travel the course laid before us. Gary

gentledove said...

Writer's block, hmmm? I guess that's bound to happen when you have to come up with a sermon every Sunday. It's nice not to have that pressure as a layperson.

Maybe you could get Trinity to do a little "Holy Ghost inspired" ghost writing for sermons sometimes if you get stuck? I for one was extremely impressed with her "ramblings". Really touched my heart.

Me thinks she might have a gift there. Bet she would be glad to help old dad out from time to time.