Saturday, June 18, 2011

NO BRAG, JUST FACT!

I REALLY SHOULD BE FINISHING UP MY SERMON right now, but I must take a few minutes to put down my thought regarding last week at Felton Bible Church.

To put it simply first I must say GOD IS GOOD! Second, I must report that I am blessed to be called the pastor at Felton Bible Church!  I serve alongside some of the greatest brothers and sister a guy could ask for.

Last week's Vacation Bible School, "God's Road Trip," was a journey to be remembered! Our leadership team is higher than top-notch.  Their creativity and tireless service is nothing less than amazing.  Our volunteer staff of over 130 never cease to amaze me. Whether they are part of the Neighborhood Kids providing the drama, or our VBS Band, or one of the Tour Leaders, kitchen help, craft team, game leaders, construction team, (they made a full-size bus for our platform!) or our great "Penny Counters" (one day they counted and rolled over 5,600 pennies alone!) all were great servants.  The only problem was trying to determine who was having more fun; the staff or the over 300 kids who attended the week-long event!?

There is so much I could share about this week, but three things stand-out as highlights. First, was the 81 children who made a public declaration of wanting to trust Jesus Christ as their Lord, Savior and God! Second, was that we were able to place a copy of the Holy Bible into the hands of each of the 300+ kids who attended! Third, that the kids help to raise over $4,000.00 for our Evangelical Free Church TouchGlobal Mission project; "Every Drop Counts" to build a well in Haiti and provide for over 40 water purification units for families in Haiti!

Needless to say, I am one blessed guy. Sure, there were some battles this week (Satan was not happy with us, DUH!) But our God is stronger! And of course, we had a great group of prayer warriors world-wide!


I could go on and on, but other work calls me! I just want to say THANK YOU, LORD! And THANK YOU to ALL who made this week one of the best Vacation Bible School weeks ever!

You all ROCK!
 




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: