Friday, September 09, 2011

SO HERE GOES...

Ten years ago, September 11, 2001, forever changed how we, as Americans, viewed the world. We knew that life would never be the same. And it hasn’t. The events of that tragic day have changed our lives in so many ways; how we travel, how we look at others different than ourselves, and especially our sense of peace and well-being.

On this 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks I am calling our church family to join Pastor Ron and me in a time of prayer. This time of concerted prayer, though motivated by the anniversary of 9/11, is not about the events of that terrible day, but rather about joining our hearts together to see the Lord for our church and our community. It is my desire that our time of prayer will forever change the way we view our church and the community in which God has placed it.

Here is the Call:

As the Senior Pastor of the Felton Bible Church, I am calling our church family, far and wide, to join together in a time of united prayer this Sunday, September 11th at 9:11am just prior to the start of our regular morning worship service. 

We will gather in the side-room adjacent to the sanctuary. This concert of prayer will begin promptly at 9:11 end just prior to the beginning of our morning worship (or as the Holy Spirit leads), so please come a little early.

I realize some will say this is too early on a Sunday morning to get there on time. My answer to you reminds me of King David’s response when he was offered “free of charge” a place for an altar of sacrifice, he said, “I will not offer to the LORD my God burnt offerings that cost me nothing.” (2 Samuel 24:24) This time of prayer may cost you something, but such is the nature of sacrifice.

Some of you may no longer live close to Felton Bible Church; still invite you to join us before the throne of God in praying for His divine leading in the days which are before us.  Some of you may even attend other places of worship; to you I would say, pray for your church family.

I do not know what the outcome of this time of united prayer will be, but I do pray, even now, that the LORD would be honored and that we would see His world with new eyes.

May 9/11/2011 be day that forever changes how we, as a local body of Christ-followers, see God’s world and our participation in the proclamation of the Gospel and the furtherance of God’s Kingdom.

To God be the glory!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: