Thursday, October 20, 2011

A LESSON FOR ME...FOR ALL OF US

I BELIEVE THAT SETH GODIN IS ON TO SOMETHING. Too often, within the context of the church, we don't rise up to meet the need. We say "we can't" because we are not called or gifted or as Godin points out in his blog, we think we are too stupid. But is it stupidity or is it laziness?  As I think over my own life I must admit that many of the times I did not "rise to the occasion," was not because I lacked skill, rather I just did not want to make the effort.  In other words, I was lazy.

 So, when we are called to serve in God's Kingdom, let's not use the excuse that I just don't have the gifts, or that there is somebody better than me, let's just get up and answer the call. Remembering in all things we are weak, even the things we do best compared to God are weak. So, let's not give the excuse, but rather let us give the energy that God provides.

Let us remember the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel, 
"'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty." (Zechariah 4:6)

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: