Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Book Review: Leadership on the Line: Staying Alive Through the Dangers of Leading"

Cover of "Leadership on the Line: Staying...
Cover via Amazon


Good stuff to get me thinking about how leadership within the church is sometimes a dangerous adventure. Have not finished the book, but I am learning somethings I wish I had known earlier in my pastoral/ministry life. Not a "Christian" book, but still holds good applications for any in leadership.

More later...now it's later...

Finished the book and for not being a "Christian" book it sure ended with a number of illustrations drawn from the life of Jesus. But, even without that I appreciated the ideas shared. I was challenged by the need to stay curious as I lead, as well as open and innocent. I would encourage others leaders, especially those of us who have led for awhile to put some of their thoughts into action.

I have purchased the follow-up book, "The Practice of Adaptive Leadership: Tools and Tactics for Changing your organization and the World." it's kind of like the lab class after the lecture. Looking forward to what the authors have to offer.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: