Monday, November 25, 2013

A CONFESSION!

Corcovado jesus
I HAVE LOTS OF THINGS TO CONFESS. Sins. Faults. Needs. Desires. Much too many things for the front of a church bulletin and later in my blog. I mean who really wants to hear the confessions of a pastor?  Just as I thought . . . there are a few of you. Well, for the sake of brevity and personal disclosure issues, suffice it to say, “I am a sinner. I am in need of the Gospel of grace everyday. And, I hold secure to the sacrifice that Jesus, the Son of God, paid on my behalf when He died upon the cross, and I am resting in His grace, wrapped in His robes of righteousness.”

The Apostle Paul wrote, in response to the reality of the resurrection of Jesus, “And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of His grace, expressed in His kindness to us in Christ Jesus.(Ephesians 2:6-7)

So, here is my confession:

I believe in God the Father Almighty, 
Maker of heaven and earth.
And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord; 
who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, 
born of the Virgin Mary, 
suffered under Pontius Pilate, 
was crucified, dead, and buried; 
He descended into hell; 
the third day he rose again from the dead; 
He ascended into heaven, 
and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Ghost; 
the holy catholic Church; 
the communion of saints; 
the forgiveness of sins; 
the resurrection of the body; 
and the life everlasting. 
AMEN!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: