Monday, June 16, 2014

I AM PATIENTLY WAITING!

I AM BLESSED to have two grandsons and soon-to-be-born granddaughter. Other grandparents told me it would be different than having your own kids. Something about all the fun without all the responsibility, well I don’t know about none of the responsibility part, but I am learning about the fun part.


Yet, there is one thing for which I am patiently waiting, that is when I enter the house and I hear those delicious words, lovingly declared, “Grandpa!” I am sure my heart will skip a beat of joy when that name joyfully resounds through the house.

Oh, I do remember when my children first said, “Da-Da” with some sense of recognition, and the joy it brought to my heart and not to diminish those days, but I still can’t wait to hear a new voice of recognition. It will come soon enough, and I doubt I will ever tire of hearing it.

Jesus showed His followers not only that God their Sovereign Creator and heavenly Father, but even more amazingly He could be referred to as Abba, a term of endearment much like our word “Dad.”

The Apostle Paul reminds us, “For you didn't receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption, by whom we cry, ‘Abba! Father!’” (Romans 8:15) and again, “And because you are children, God sent out the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, "Abba, Father!" (Galatians 4:6)

Therefore, on this day in which we recognize the dads amongst us, let us be sure to take time to call out to our Abba God who is patiently waiting to hear our voice.

1 comment:

Judy Powers said...

When London said Grandma to me for the first time, it was fireworks time. I was so happy. There is a different set of emotions that comes along with grandchildren, for sure. I never thought about that, but each gift from our God is from His heart so it surely affects our hearts, with each one. I hear Grandma now all the time and it never loses its wonder.