Tuesday, February 17, 2015

FAT TUESDAY AND OTHER LENTEN THOUGHTS

For many, Fat Tuesday is one BIG excuse to PAAARRTTTTYY.

I would like to offer the suggestion that instead of a time to party our head off, it is a time to prepare our hearts for Jesus.

Early this morning I was pondering the beginning of Lent, those 40 days leading to Passion Week. 40 days to draw near to Jesus in a consistent and concentrated way.

This little prayer crossed my lips,
Lord, prepare my  heart for LASER-like focus upon Thee throughout this Lenten Season and beyond . . . 

LASER means Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. I would light to suggest another acronym for these letters:
Love
Amplified
Savior
Embracing
Remembrance

​To help you on your Lenten Journey here are a couple of links to bring you encouragement,​ the first is a song, and and the second a link to the Biola Lenten Project.


​You might also like to check-out the following portions of ​God's Word:


No comments: