Monday, May 15, 2017

Everything's Ducky

AFTER ONE OF OUR RECENT SPRING RAINS I noticed two mallards walking down our street, a male and a female. The female was searching the muddy puddles for a morning meal while her faithful partner stood by vigilantly.  As she moved from puddle to puddle he would waddle a few feet away always casting an eye for any hint of danger. It was only when he was sure of her safety that he ventured to scoop through the murky waters with her.

I watched my two feathered friends for quite awhile as they worked their dance of eating and protecting. It was only as the sound of an approaching car was heard that they made their way around the bend and down the street to a safer spot.

The protective relationship exhibited by Mr. Duck, brings to my mind the words of the psalmist found in Psalm 91:1-4. He writes,

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
They say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.
Surely He will save you
from the fowler’s snare
And from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you will find refuge;
His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

Our God is the God who is with us. He is the God who stands by our side. He promises never to leave us, never to forsake us and in Him we can find our shalom.

My pray for you this day is that you would know the peace of the God that surpasses all understanding, and will live in the awareness that His peace shall guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus, our Lord. Amen.

No comments: